Custom Courses & Tutoring
More than a simple private course, our tailor-made courses let the student decide where, when and how often the class will take place, as well as the number of participants (if in a group). The teacher adjusts to your level and elaborates a course which will fit your objectives exactly.Your options:
One-on-one or small group classes
- at your location
- at the Alliance Française du Manitoba
- Videoconference classes and workshops
- Distance tutoring
- Any combination of the above!
Private tuition is also available for both kids and teenagers regardless of their level.
Classes can be arranged to suit students’ objectives and availability.
How it works
Here are some important things to think about when designing your class:
- Set some goals. Are you just learning for fun, or do you have an exam coming up? Do you want to focus on reading, communication, grammar, vocabulary, or something else?
- Choose the intensity. How often and how long do you want your course? Most students have class once per week for 1.5 to 2 hours. For a more intensive learning experience, try taking 2-3 classes per week. Those preparing for exams, such as the Civil Service's Second Language Evaluation, may even wish to take 5 or more hours per day, 5 days a week.
- Choose the participants. Are you looking for lessons just for yourself, with a friend, or a small group? Please note: if you're taking the class with other people, it is important that everyone starts at a similar level of French.
- Get started! Fill out this easy form and let us know your needs!
Courses are then held at the Alliance or at your choice of location, following the path you have set out. Your teacher will guide you through your customized program.
Courses are billed in advance at an hourly rate, depending on location and number of students. If you purchase 15 hours or more at a time in advance, the price is reduced!
|Number of Students||Courses at the AF||Courses at your location|
|5-14 hours||15+ hours||5-14 hours||15+ hours|